Friday, August 22, 2008

learning and growing

This will have to be a quick update wtihout pics b/c I"m on my lunch break at work. I'm 18 weeks pregnant and we found out it's a boy! Woohoo! to be honest I expected a girl and thought that it just made sense to have another girl. I even thought how it would be cheaper and why wouldn't God want us to save money. haha.. God is so much bigger than money and I am so small with how I think sometimes. Anyways, I'm very excited to have a boy on the way and experience a new adventure.

Now on to talking about Hannah.
She is a whoping 23lbs 31 inches now. :) and happy as could be. lately, she's exploding with new words and it makes Jon and I laugh daily at the cute things she says. Some of my favorites are: pey (pray), towee (trolley).. at church we ride a trolley in from the parking lot and it's Hannah's favorite! She's also saying wuh you for love you which melts our hearts every time!!

OH yes and she's obsessed with going potty but doesn't actually go on a potty yet! haha. She was following us to the bathroom every time we'd have to go and got so excited saying "pee pee" over and over. She says "mama peepee?" just to see if I"d go to the bathroom with her. So now we got her her own little potty and she thinks it's amazing! She'll hold herself, say PeePee a million times and you take her, pull the diaper offer and set her on it. She then makes the psssss sound as if she is really going!! then stands up and yells "yyeaaay!" It's absolutely adorable and hilarious every time!

We want to encourage her to learn to use a potty but I"m not sure if she's too young so we're not pushing for her to really go yet. If you have any advice, let me know! :)

I've got to go and track down some more speech kids now for therapy.
I hope you have an amazing, blessed day!
Love,
Erin

2 comments:

KimV said...

How funny that she is "going potty" with the sounds and everything. That cracks me up. I don't have any advice...I'm new like you, but I would say if she's already pretending, she'll do more when she' ready? I don't know...

jdk0103 said...

Hey Erin!
Congrats on having a boy, how exciting! I can't wait to meet him one day :)